- Check the weather before you leave. Knowing what to pack will make your vacation easier and will save you money when you don’t have to buy weather ready clothing.
- If you are taking a road trip make sure your car is current with maintenance.
- To make sure your bottles of liquids don’t spill, take a piece of plastic wrap and place it over the opening of the bottle. Secure the lid. The bottles should still be packed in a plastic bag but the plastic wrap gives you an extra layer of protection.
- When packing shoes place them both into a shower cap or individually into two shower caps. Also make the most of that space by placing socks, jewelry or electronic cords into your shoes.
- Keep children entertained on the road by placing an over the seat activity center in front of them for easy access. You can store coloring books, crayons, paper, pens, an iPad, earbuds, kleenex, cd’s – you name it.
Author: Wendy Taddeucci, CPO®, Simply Organized, LLC, Organization and Productivity Consultant